About Me

My photo
Dover, Arkansas, United States
Visit my official website: Paula's Doll House Hi, I'm Paula McGee, lazy daydreamer, owner & chief dollmaker here at the Doll House. I started designing my own dolls in 1998. I've done all sorts of handicrafts and arts in my time but once I began designing "dolls" I never turned back because any craft or art skill can be used in dollmaking artwork. I've been married to my best friend for 5 years this year and together we have 6 children and 2 grandchildren. My handsome beast is a truck driver and I've just started going with him on the big rig. YES, I make my dolls and write my patterns while ON THE TRUCK... I love traveling. I love God. I love art and doll making. I love teaching what I know and meeting other artists. Love, Paula

Sunday, August 13, 2006

Crow Mountain Courier ~ Episode 1


Good Morning! I've been really busy with doll making lately and thought I just pop in here and say Howdy!!! I've also been helping my children get things ready for school, they only have one more week of Summer Vacation then it's back to the books for them...

As for me, I'm waiting for the Arkansas Craft Guild to jury my five dolls that I took to them in July, This is scheduled to go on August 15th. I'm a little anxious to know what their decision is! But I'm busy making lots of faeries for the Russellville Downtown Art Walk, Yes I got accepted for that! It's only a three hour thing so I hope it goes well...

Here is one of my new faeries, only had time to add one to the website. I hope you enjoy!


You may click here to see more photos and ordering information for Ivy Faerie pictured above.

2 comments:

shashi said...

She is very beautiful. Did you dye the petals of her skirt?

Paula said...

Thanks Shashi! I bought a silk rose in those shades of green, kind of a mossy color... There is a new Hobby Lobby craft/art store opened in town last week!!! I HAD to get some new "supplies"!!!