About Me

My photo
Dover, Arkansas, United States
Visit my official website: Paula's Doll House Hi, I'm Paula McGee, lazy daydreamer, owner & chief dollmaker here at the Doll House. I started designing my own dolls in 1998. I've done all sorts of handicrafts and arts in my time but once I began designing "dolls" I never turned back because any craft or art skill can be used in dollmaking artwork. I've been married to my best friend for 5 years this year and together we have 6 children and 2 grandchildren. My handsome beast is a truck driver and I've just started going with him on the big rig. YES, I make my dolls and write my patterns while ON THE TRUCK... I love traveling. I love God. I love art and doll making. I love teaching what I know and meeting other artists. Love, Paula

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

on the work table...

Well, I will start off with the sad news of why I've been absent these past two weeks. My Grandma passed away on Saturday, Feb 10th. My brother and I had taken our mother to be with grandma on the 9th. We spent the night as we knew the end was near. My Grandmother was surrounded by all her loved ones and passed away in her home. She was a good grandma, a hard worker all her life, and lifelong "tomboy" who loved hunting, fishing and gardening. I will miss her but will always be glad to have known her.
Okay, on to the work table gathering of materials!
I'm working on several projects, because some of them have to sit on the table a while to figure out what they want to be... and some just to let the clay dry!
The baby faerie below is a spring theme doll, I think she'll be holding a little bunny, maybe a chick... The weather has been soooooo nice this week it's inspiring some warm and bright creations. So here the little lady sits waiting to get her legs finished a new dress and her furry friend to hold in her hands.


Here is the mosaic doll, hands and arms getting an update....

There is one of her hands in detail below. needle sculpted cloth... they will eventually be painted.

That's all for now! Take care everyone!

2 comments:

Shashi Nayagam said...

So sorry to hear about your Grand ma passing away. But so nice that you have some wonderful memories of her.
Your new fairy is looking lovely and I love your mosaic doll. The hands are so realistic. Wonderful work.

S. Nicolas Originals said...

WOW! Can't wait to see these finished. I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. I'm glad you were close to your Grandma.
Hugs