About Me

My photo
Dover, Arkansas, United States
Visit my official website: Paula's Doll House Hi, I'm Paula McGee, lazy daydreamer, owner & chief dollmaker here at the Doll House. I started designing my own dolls in 1998. I've done all sorts of handicrafts and arts in my time but once I began designing "dolls" I never turned back because any craft or art skill can be used in dollmaking artwork. I've been married to my best friend for 5 years this year and together we have 6 children and 2 grandchildren. My handsome beast is a truck driver and I've just started going with him on the big rig. YES, I make my dolls and write my patterns while ON THE TRUCK... I love traveling. I love God. I love art and doll making. I love teaching what I know and meeting other artists. Love, Paula

Friday, February 02, 2007

Work In Progress... sculpting

This is just before I started the face sculpt. I've painted on a coat of gesso.

Here is the face finished, creative paperclay. I did use a press mold, but the face was too small and I had to stretch and add tons more clay. So I think she has still ended up being very original.


And a full view just so you can see what's up so far. I am enjoying the making of this doll so much! I hope you enjoy her too... stay tuned.

3 comments:

Judi W. said...

I am enjoying watching this doll come to life. Her face looks wonderful! Thanks so much for sharing!

Shashi Nayagam said...

It looks like she is going to be a beauty. I like her face sculpting. Can't wait to see her finished.

Kerry said...

Hi Paula! Wow I can't wait to see this doll finished, love her face sculpting!