About Me

My photo
Dover, Arkansas, United States
Visit my official website: Paula's Doll House Hi, I'm Paula McGee, lazy daydreamer, owner & chief dollmaker here at the Doll House. I started designing my own dolls in 1998. I've done all sorts of handicrafts and arts in my time but once I began designing "dolls" I never turned back because any craft or art skill can be used in dollmaking artwork. I've been married to my best friend for 5 years this year and together we have 6 children and 2 grandchildren. My handsome beast is a truck driver and I've just started going with him on the big rig. YES, I make my dolls and write my patterns while ON THE TRUCK... I love traveling. I love God. I love art and doll making. I love teaching what I know and meeting other artists. Love, Paula

Monday, October 08, 2007

Ode to Raggedy Cat...

This is Raggedy Cat. She came to us about 4 years ago. Hurt, burned ears and whiskers missing. She had bad hips and bowed back legs. Not trusting us at first, then becoming fast friends with some food and love and understanding....
I'm glad to have had those few years to get to have her near. This little package of fur and loud mouth. She'd have an entire conversation with us. We could talk about anything together. She would always listen and always give her two cents worth of meow's...

While we were out Saturday, shopping for cat food, a dog caught her and the end result was a broken back and a lot of pain. We all cried as we gathered her up and took her to the only vet in town that would wait for us. He understood what we needed...

One little shot and to sleep forever...

We will miss our little Raggedy Cat and her Big Loud Meow.

4 comments:

Evelyn said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm glad she knew 4 years of love. May she rest in peace.

stuffed said...

So sorry. :0(

Katie said...

Such a happy/sad story. She was so lucky to have had some good years with you.

Shashi Nayagam said...

So sorry to hear about your cat Paula. It is so heartbreaking to lose your pet.

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and your comments.
You know I love your dolls but I have really fallen hook line and sinker for the little pixies they are so adorable.