About Me

My photo
Dover, Arkansas, United States
Visit my official website: Paula's Doll House Hi, I'm Paula McGee, lazy daydreamer, owner & chief dollmaker here at the Doll House. I started designing my own dolls in 1998. I've done all sorts of handicrafts and arts in my time but once I began designing "dolls" I never turned back because any craft or art skill can be used in dollmaking artwork. I've been married to my best friend for 5 years this year and together we have 6 children and 2 grandchildren. My handsome beast is a truck driver and I've just started going with him on the big rig. YES, I make my dolls and write my patterns while ON THE TRUCK... I love traveling. I love God. I love art and doll making. I love teaching what I know and meeting other artists. Love, Paula

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Patchwork Journal - Nov.08







Above are the dolls I'm currently working on.
***********
November Happenings:

I haven't forgotten you my darlin's. It's just that our days here at the Doll House have been very, ummm, let's say "topsy turvy". I refuse to bore you with details of the events but I will say that the making of dolls has resumed and I'm getting my groove back! The Groove to create, that is.

There aren't a lot of dolls for sale at the moment, and most of that is because I have to work a real job and also for the fun and experience of it I'm starting to enter my pieces in exhibitions and competitions... Stay tuned for the happenings with that.

I don't know what to say about the classes. There are several classes for dolls and sewing techniques I want to offer in 2009. I've had suggestions sent to me from some interested students. If you have a preference for something you want to learn, let me know 'cause I love to hear from you!

Be sure that if you're in my corner of the world on December 5th, Come see me and my artist friends at Peter's Family Living for the Art Walk!

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

Give Your Time to Someone Needing It & Give Thanks to Those That Matter Most
...Blessings to You All...
~Paula~


2 comments:

Mayra René said...

Hey Paula, I visit your blog, and I am surprised with your dolls, are fantastic, mystical and unique.

I congratulate you, I would love to visit my blog know that my dolls.

mayra.

Colleen said...

Paula, these hands and feet are so delicate and detailed. I'd love to know how you did those! I love the body pattern you've used a well, is that yours?