About Me

My photo
Dover, Arkansas, United States
Visit my official website: Paula's Doll House Hi, I'm Paula McGee, lazy daydreamer, owner & chief dollmaker here at the Doll House. I started designing my own dolls in 1998. I've done all sorts of handicrafts and arts in my time but once I began designing "dolls" I never turned back because any craft or art skill can be used in dollmaking artwork. I've been married to my best friend for 5 years this year and together we have 6 children and 2 grandchildren. My handsome beast is a truck driver and I've just started going with him on the big rig. YES, I make my dolls and write my patterns while ON THE TRUCK... I love traveling. I love God. I love art and doll making. I love teaching what I know and meeting other artists. Love, Paula

Wednesday, July 03, 2013

The Studio Thread - episode one

I am and always have been a tailor, fiber artist, crafter, maker of imaginary things. Sewing and fixing and altering clothing have always come natural to me.... So being an Art Doll designer I opened a studio to the public and became a clothing alterations shop. 



A Clothing Alterations Shop that happens to be filled with art and dolls and all sorts of creative messes. And I call it THREAD. I happily work my tail off everyday to keep it going... it's my drug... it's what I love to do and it attracts like minded people here to visit and play and to become friends.

2 comments:

RoseMarie said...

Hello my dear Paula, you have opened your Studio well again. A while ago I bought several patterns and classes online! I've enjoyed since then and I acknowledge your hard work and excellent creations, which I love! So I wish you well and hope that in the course of this year to join you people who love and share your art and love for the dolls and everything it means to be creative! Hugs, Rose Marie www.elartederosia.blogspot.com

Paula McGee said...

thank you <3 P~